Sunday, March 7, 2010

Single-Girl Sweet Potatoes

When I think back to when The Hungry Hubby and I were dating and the time that we were engaged (before having a man in the house meant a GINORMOUS increase in the amount of groceries I would buy) I ate A TON of what I called "Single Girl Sweet Potatoes". 
 
They are yummy, good-for-you, and they are one of the cheapest things you can make!
 
 
 
I have been known to eat S.G.S.Ps for any meal - they make a shockingly good breakfast too! 
 
 You will need: 

1 average-sized Sweet Potato per person
1-2 tablespoons of good butter
2-3 tablespoons Brown Sugar
Ground Cinnamon, for dusting

1. Take a fork and poke LOTS of holes in the sweet potatoes. MAKE SURE you poke holes ALL AROUND THE POTATO unless you enjoy "Exploding Single Girl Sweet Potatoes". Trust me on this. 

2. Put the Sweet Potato in the Microwave and press the "potato" button. (Seriously, when I was in college this little microwave function probably saved me from total starvation on more than one occasion.) 

3. When the Sweet Potato is done cooking, cut open, mash the insides with a fork, and add the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. 

EAT. 

The best thing about a S.G.S.P. is that you can eat them as an entire meal, or make them as a side dish. (They go well with Indoor BBQ Chicken Tenders!) 
And believe me, once The Hungry Baby is born I will be eating a lot more of these sweet potatoes to help me get back to my wedding weight! (I feel like a beached whale! 80 days to go!)

No comments:

Post a Comment